WhatsApp has been dominating the instant messaging space since years with over a billion monthly active users. But like all the businesses, this too has to grow. And to grow, the Facebook-acquired firm has launched a new messaging app called as WhatsApp Business.
As you may have imagined by now, WhatsApp Business aims to make it easy for businesses to communicate with its customers. It has some new features and is in beta testing for now. If you want to download it from Google Play Store, you would have to sign up as a beta tester. However, downloading an apk file is also a solution.
So how is WhatsApp Business different from your regular WhatsApp app?
1. One of the most interesting features of WhatsApp Business is that the app can be registered using a landline contact number. It is not necessary to register using a mobile number. But there’s a catch.
2. The catch, and probably another new feature, is that the app won’t work if a user is registering both the regular WhatsApp app and the WhatsApp Business app with the same mobile number.
- If you want to use both in one device without two separate mobile numbers for both, you can register the ‘Business’ version with a landline.
- If you want to use both in a single device but with different mobile numbers, better use a dual SIM supporting smartphone then.
3. The third feature that is new and won’t be of much interest for regular WhatsApp users is that it lets users choose the type of business under the ‘Settings’ page. The app gives a host of options to choose from. But still, if your business doesn’t match any of the categories, you can always choose ‘Others’.
4. Auto messaging is also a part of WhatsApp Business. You can set an auto message reply. It will show up whenever a customer @mentions you in a group or messages in a private chat. You can even schedule the feature for days and time.
WhatsApp has not yet mentioned when it will be removing the app out from its beta stage and available for all. However, we’ll soon know now that the app is official.